Vacation paradise in every season
St. Johann - Alpendorf
The Alpendorf skiing and hiking area in the Salzburg region is your entry into pure pleasure: pure skiing pleasure, pure hiking pleasure. In short: In pure vacation pleasure in every season. Located in the Pongau district capital St. Johann, coming from the east, Alpendorf is the quickest entry into the Snow Space Salzburg ski area.
More than 90 percent blue and red slopes, numerous offers for families and active vacationers make St. Johann-Alpendorf in the Snow Space Salzburg ski area a popular hotspot for family and leisure skiers in winter. In the warm season, the town, which is only a 50-minute drive from Salzburg, delights with numerous opportunities to actively enjoy the summer months. With the alpine adventure park "Geisterberg", Alpendorf in Sankt Johann im Pongau offers an attractive day trip destination for families with children. Discover the webcams from St. Johann and plan your stay!
Slopes & Lifts
Are you already looking forward to the coming winter days in autumn, which you prefer to spend on the snow-covered and well-groomed slopes? Variety is just as important to you, from the easier blue to the challenging black slope?
Then you have arrived in St. Johann-Alpendorf. Thanks to 120 connected slopes in the entire Snow Space Salzburg ski area, a winter day in Alpendorf in Sankt Johann im Pongau could hardly be more varied.
Snow Space Salzburg offers a total of seven entrances to pure skiing fun - the first of which is in Alpendorf in St. Johann im Pongau.
And even more: Alpendorf in St. Johann im Pongau is not only in the Snow Space Salzburg ski area, it is also part of Austria's greatest skiing pleasure, Ski amadé, with 270 cable cars, 760 kilometers of slopes and more than 260 ski huts.
Snow Space Salzburg at a glance:
- 120 perfect kilometers of slopes
- eventful snow parks, fun slopes, ski movie and race tracks
- 45 modern cable cars
- 7 entrances to the ski area with their own parking spaces
- 100 percent guaranteed snow
- over 60 rustic ski huts and après-ski locations
- 12 professional ski and snowboard schools
- Photo points
- Fun for kids: WAGRAINi's winter world and the devil's route on Geisterberg
The highlights in St. Johann-Alpendorf
St. Johann-Alpendorf is not only the fastest entry into the Snow Space Salzburg, there are also numerous highlights - for young and old skiers.
- Snowpark Alpendorf: Freestylers jump over more than 30 elements to their hearts' content on around one kilometer. Located at the mountain station on the Hirschkogel, there is also a chill-out platform with WiFi near the snow park.
- Race track: 520 meters, 15 goals and the time in the neck. Whether alone or in a ski race in a group: the race track on the Gernkogel is ideal for speed lovers.
- Trio Infernale: The name says it all: Three black slopes form the Trio Infernale - made for skiers who are looking for thrills in the snow!
- Devils' Route at the Geisterberg: Children's paradise on Geisterberg. Who dares past Krampusses, witches and ghosts?
- SkiMovie Alpendorf: Compete against a second skier in parallel slalom and let the cameras film you. You can watch the racing video at all Skiline terminals and online. Tip: SkiMovie Alpendorf becomes part of the Snow Space Salzburg Challenge ... details will follow shortly!
In addition, there is the small but fine ski area Hahnbaum, which is particularly suitable for children and beginners. On a total of seven kilometers of slopes, the easy slopes near the city center of St. Johann im Pongau are particularly good. And the Hahnbaum ski area also offers numerous opportunities to spend wonderful winter days away from the slopes.