A holiday paradise for all seasons
St. Johann-Alpendorf in the Salzburger Land region is your door to a world of pure holiday pleasure. Enjoy maximum skiing and hiking fun and discover a year-round paradise for holiday lovers. Located in the district capital of St. Johann, Alpendorf is your quickest eastern entry point to Snow Space Salzburg ski resort.
With more than 90 percent of blue and red slopes and countless offers for families and active holiday guests, St. Johann-Alpendorf is a popular hotspot for families and avid skiers in winter. During the warmer months, there are ample opportunities to spend an active summer in the little village located only a 50-minute drive from Salzburg. What’s more, the “Ghost Mountain” Alpine Experience Park is another popular destination for family day trips in the vicinity of St. Johann-Alpendorf.
Slopes and cable cars
You’re already looking forward to the upcoming winter days in autumn and can’t wait to explore some snow-covered, perfectly groomed slopes?
You love a bit of variation, with slopes ranging from easy blue ones to more challenging black ones?
Then St. Johann-Alpendorf is just the place for you! With 120 kilometres of connected slopes throughout the entire Snow Space Salzburg ski resort, a winter’s day at St. Johann-Alpendorf couldn’t be more varied.
In total, Snow Space Salzburg offers seven entry points to pure skiing pleasure, the first of them right at St. Johann-Alpendorf.
And much more: St. Johann-Alpendorf is not just located right in the heart of Snow Space Salzburg ski resort, it’s also part of Austria’s biggest ski paradise, Ski amadé, with 270 cable cars, 760 kilometres of slopes and more than 260 mountain huts.
Snow Space Salzburg in a nutshell:
- 120 kilometres of perfectly groomed slopes
- action-fuelled snow parks, fun slopes, SkiMovie and racetracks
- 45 state-of-the-art cable cars
- 7 entry points to the ski resort with designated parking space
- 100 percent snow reliability
- more than 60 traditional mountain huts and après-ski locations
- 12 professional ski and snowboard schools
- photo spots
- fun for kids: WAGRAINi’s winter world and the Devil’s Trail on Ghost Mountain
The best slopes of Alpendorf ski resort
Alpendorf ski resort isn’t only your quickest entry point to Snow Space Salzburg, it also offers many other highlights for skiers young and young at heart.
- Alpendorf Snowpark: About one kilometre of freestyle heaven, featuring more than 30 obstacles. Located at the Hirschkogel mountain station, the snow park also offers a nearby chill-out platform with WiFi.
- Race course: 520 metres, 15 gates and your competitors breathing down your neck. No matter if you’re alone or with a group – the Gernkogel racetrack is just the thing for speed lovers! • Trio Infernale: The name says it all: our three black Trio Infernale slopes were made for skiers looking for thrills!
- Devil’s Trail on Ghost Mountain: A children’s paradise on Ghost Mountain. Are you ready to meet some scary Krampusse, witches and ghosts?
- SkiMovie Alpendorf: The 2017/2018 winter season brings a new attraction to the ski resort: the SkiMovie track in St. Johann-Alpendorf! We’ll film you during a parallel slalom against another skier and you can later watch the video on all Skiline terminals and online. Our tip: SkiMovie Alpendorf is going to be part of the Snow Space Salzburg challenge… stay tuned for more details!
What’s more, you can also enjoy the small but beautiful Hahnbaum ski resort, which is particularly suitable for kids and beginners. With a total of seven kilometres of easy slopes, this resort near the centre of St. Johann im Pongau is a great place to master your first turns. If you’ve had enough of skiing, Hahnbaum ski resort also offers many other opportunities to spend some wonderful winter days.
Get to know Hahnbaum family ski resort in St. Johann im Pongau!
Events in St. Johann-Alpendorf
There are two things that make a winter season at Snow Space Salzburg perfect: plenty of snow and some great events!
Here are some of our event highlights:
- Early Bird Skiing: On selected good-weather days
Alpendorf Dutch Ski Championships from February 25 to March 3, 2018.
- Owl Downhill Cross Alpendorf on March 17, 2018