A holiday paradise at Snow Space Salzburg
Flachau at Snow Space Salzburg is the village of winners. In winter, it wows you with perfectly groomed slopes for skiing, in summer it offers you countless possibilities for active holidays. The breath-taking mountain views and heart-felt Austrian hospitality come for free, all year round.
Once every year, Flachau becomes the hotspot of women’s skiing as the legendary Audi FIS Alpine Ski World Cup night slalom brings the very best female ski racers to the village.
Only 80 kilometres from the City of Salzburg, Flachau is a holiday paradise for action and relaxation lovers alike.
Slopes and cable cars
Snow Space Salzburg ski resort awaits winter sports athletes with more than 120 kilometres of perfectly groomed slopes.
The most famous slope of Flachau is definitely the Hermann Maier World Cup racetrack, for various reasons. For one, it’s the location of the famous Audi FIS Alpine Ski World Cup night slalom that brings thousands of ski fans from all parts of the world to Flachau every year.
What’s more, this special track gives you the unique chance to get a personal taste of professional ski racing.
The many different descents offer something for every skier’s and snowboarder’s taste, no matter if you are a beginner or pro. As the cherry on top, Flachau offers you 100% snow reliability from December on.
Flachau’s winter highlights at a glance
Be swept away by the many highlights a winter season in Flachau at Snow Space Salzburg has to offer!
- Hermann Maier World Cup racetrack: On this challenging 637-metre racetrack, you can feel like the “Herminator” himself…
- Flachau timed racetrack: Master the 800-metre giant slalom racetrack and compete against your friends, colleagues or family. Our tip: The racetrack is also great as a practice run or for group ski races!
- Photo spots: Say “cheese” at the photo spots at the mountain station of Starjet 3, the valley stations of Starjet 1 and Spacejet 2 and the Hermann Maier World Cup racetrack! Find even more photo spots in Wagrain and St. Johann.
- Space O Rama: Enjoy the all-round mountain views at the mountain station of Starjet 3.
- Rocking loungers: Take a deep breath, relax and enjoy the moment.
Events in Flachau
The big highlight of the event season is definitely the Audi FIS Alpine Ski World Cup women’s slalom that turns Flachau and its neighbouring villages into a ski racing hotspot every year.
However, there are also lots of other events that will make your ski holiday in Flachau unforgettable.
Events highlight in 2018:
- Winter Start Up from December 7 to 10, 2018
- “Magic Christmas” from December 3 to 4, 2018
- Star Challenge: sports, celebrities and ski talent – all on January 7, 2019
- Audi FIS Alpine Ski World Cup women’s slalom on January 8, 2019