Tours and routes for a perfect hiking day
Hiking at Snow Space Salzburg
"Whoever climbs the summit has the world at his feet." The four summer cable cars in Snow Space Salzburg are the ideal starting point for wonderful pleasure and family hikes. The first meters in altitude can be covered comfortably with the opened cable cars in Flachau, Wagrain and St. Johann-Alpendorf. Numerous hikes for beginners, families and experienced hikers start at the mountain stations.
The four cable cars take you comfortably uphill from the three holiday resorts of Flachau, Wagrain and St. Johann to the hiking paradise Snow Space Salzburg. A variety of different hikes start right at the mountain stations of the cable cars. From leisurely hiking tours, such as the ghost mountain hike in St. Johann with two kilometers lenght and a height difference of 150 meters, to the demanding circular hike around the Grießenkareck with almost ten kilometers of distance and a height difference of 526 meters. Mountain hikers of all skill levels will find the right challenge. All paths are signposted and marked and you will also find numerous open restaurants and alpine huts along the hikes, which invite you to linger with their typical regional Salzburg cuisine.
Helpful tips and hints for your hiking tour
- Bring the right equipment and the right hiking clothing - weather and cold protection are essential
- Inform yourself about the route and the weather conditions - in the event of danger or worsening of the weather, the tour should be stopped in good time
- Adjust the pace to the weakest member of the group - the condition should also be enough for the way back
- Note the markings of the hiking trails and footbridges
- Take enough water with you on the hiking tour - at least 0.5 liters per hour
- A small first aid kit and a flashlight should not be missing in your backpack!
- In the event of an emergency, remain calm and call the rescue or mountain rescue service.
Euro emergency call: 112, mountain rescue: 140