Directions to St. Johann-Alpendorf
How do I get to St. Johann im Pongau?
The ski and hiking area Alpendorf in the Salzburg region is your entry into pure hiking pleasure. Located in the Pongau district capital St. Johann, coming from the east, Alpendorf is the quickest entry into the Snow Space Salzburg ski area.
More than 90 percent blue and red slopes, numerous offers for families and active vacationers make St. Johann-Alpendorf in the Snow Space Salzburg ski area a popular hotspot for family and pleasure skiers in winter. In the warm season, the town, which is only a 50-minute drive from Salzburg, delights with numerous opportunities to actively enjoy the summer months. With the alpine adventure park “Geisterberg”, Alpendorf in Sankt Johann im Pongau offers an attractive day trip destination for families with children.
Address & Parking
5600 St. Johann im Pongau
There are numerous free parking spaces directly at the valley station of the Alpendorf gondola lift. Just follow the parking lot signs.
Your travel options
Alpendorf in the Pongau district capital St. Johann is the quickest way to get to the skiing and hiking area Snow Space Salzburg from Salzburg, Munich and Vienna. Winter sports enthusiasts and active holidaymakers are only a 50-minute drive from the city of Salzburg and only about 15 minutes from the Austrian motorway network.
What this means for you is obvious: an all-round comfortable journey into pure pleasure - regardless of whether for hiking in summer or skiing in winter.
Arrival by car
Traveling by car is one of the most comfortable ways to travel, as Alpendorf in St. Johann im Pongau is so close to the city of Salzburg.
- Coming from Vienna: Autobahn A1 - exit A10 / E47 Pongau junction - Pinzgauer federal road B311 via Bischofshofen to St. Johann im Pongau and to Alpendorf
- Coming from Munich: Autobahn A8 towards Salzburg - Salzburg junction A1 / A10 further towards Villach / Salzburg Süd - exit A10 / E47 Pongau junction - B311 to St. Johann im Pongau and Alpendorf
- Arrival from Carinthia, Italy and Slovenia: Tauern Autobahn A10 - exit A10 / E47 Pongau junction - B311 to St. Johann im Pongau and to Alpendorf
- Coming from Graz: Autobahn A9 - exit 69 Selzthal - Ennstal federal road B320 direction Radstadt, Schladming, Liezen - Altenmarkt B320 - direction Wagrain on the B163
- Coming from Zell am See: federal road 311 to St. Johann im Pongau
E-charging stations in St. Johann - Alpendorf
- Parking space Alpendorf Gondola lift (P2)
Plug: 2 x Type 2, 11 kW
Tips for a smooth journey by car
- Vignette obligation: If you are arriving via an Austrian motorway, you need a motorway vignette. You can buy these digitally at any border crossing, as well as at petrol stations and tobacconists
- Rescue alley: If there is a traffic jam, please form an emergency alley to enable the emergency vehicles to move forward quickly
Arrival by train
The ICE train station St. Johann im Pongau can be reached from many Austrian and German cities without changing trains. With the bus you are from the train station in less than 10 minutes in Alpendorf at the valley station of the Alpendorf gondola lift.
Tip: You can find the optimal connection to St. Johann in the Snow Space Salzburg on the ÖBB website if you enter “Alpendorf (St.Johann im Pongau)” or "Snow Space Salzburg" as the destination stop.
Arrival by bus
You can easily reach St. Johann - Alpendorf by bus.
Tip: Simply enter "Alpendorf (St.Johann im Pongau)" as the destination in the ÖBB timetable information - the corresponding stop is in the immediate vicinity of the valley station of the Alpendorf gondola lift.
Arrival by plane
If you arrive by plane, we recommend the nearby airports in Salzburg (around 50 minutes away by car) or Munich (around two hours away by car).
From Salzburg Airport W.A. Mozart as well as from Franz-Josef-Strauß-Airport in Munich, guests can best reach Alpendorf in St. Johann im Pongau with a shared bus transfer or with an airport taxi. Check with your accommodation provider to find out the fastest way from the airport to your destination, Snow Space Salzburg.
Taxi company in St. Johann-Alpendorf:
- Taxi Edi: +43 664 3940235
- Taxi Hippolt: +43 6412 8686; firstname.lastname@example.org
- City Taxi Sankt Johann: +43 6412 8588; email@example.com
- Taxi Rainer: +43 664 2415725; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stadt Taxi: +43 664 6311913
- Taxi V.I.P.: +43 660 5600112
- Taxi Wimmer: +43 6412 6245; email@example.com