Directions to Wagrain
How do I get to Wagrain?
The holiday destination Wagrain is one of the most popular in Austria and impresses with its natural diversity at 850 meters above sea level. The magnificent mountain peaks, the enchanting landscapes and the sunny location all contribute to a successful holiday.
Only 70 kilometers and thus just an hour's drive from the city of Salzburg, Wagrain can be reached quickly and easily from all sides thanks to its proximity to the A10 Tauern Autobahn. Nothing stands in the way of an uncomplicated arrival. That is Wagrain.
Address & Parking
There are numerous free parking spaces directly at the valley station of the Grafenbergbahn. Just follow the parking lot signs.
Your travel options
You have different options to get to Wagrain. Because no matter from which direction your path leads you to Wagrain - the journey could hardly be easier.
Arrival by car
Are you arriving by car? How nice, because no matter from which direction your path leads you to Wagrain - the journey could hardly be easier.
- Coming from Vienna: Autobahn A1 - exit A10 / E55 towards Villach / Salzburg Süd - exit 66 Flachau Wagrain - B163 towards Wagrain
- Coming from Munich: Autobahn A8 towards Salzburg - junction Salzburg A1 / A10 towards Villach / Salzburg Süd - exit 66 Flachau Wagrain - B163 towards Wagrain
- Arrival from Carinthia, Italy and Slovenia: Tauern Autobahn A10 - exit 66 Flachau Wagrain
- Arrival from Graz: Autobahn A9 - exit 69 Selzthal - Ennstal federal road B320 towards Radstadt, Schladming, Liezen - Altenmarkt B320 - towards Wagrain on the B163
- Coming from Zell am See: federal road 311 to St. Johann im Pongau - B163 to Wagrain
Or even easier: you get into the Snow Space Salzburg ski area in St. Johann-Alpendorf and use the path over the slopes to Wagrain.
E-charging stations in Wagrain
- Parking space Grafenbergbahn (P2)
Plug: 4 x Type 2, 11 kW
- Outdoor parking space Flying Mozart (P7)
Plug: 4 x Type 2, 11 kW
(currently under construction!)
- Flying Mozart underground car park
Plug: 2 x Type 2, 11 kW
The e-charging stations in the underground car park can only be used when booking a VIP parking space!
Tips for a smooth journey by car
- Vignette obligation: If you are arriving via an Austrian motorway, you need a motorway vignette. You can buy these digitally at any border crossing, as well as at petrol stations and tobacconists
- Rescue alley: If there is a traffic jam, please form an emergency alley to enable the emergency vehicles to move forward quickly
Arriving by train
Hiking fun by train? No problem in Wagrain!
Nearby train stations:
- St. Johann im Pongau or
Your destination Wagrain is only a few kilometers away. The best way to get there is by public transport, a taxi or a shuttle service from your accommodation provider.
Current timetable information:
Arriving by bus
You can also get to Wagrain quickly and easily by bus, so that nothing stands in the way of your relaxing mountain adventure.
Tip: Simply enter "Wagrain Grafenberg cable car valley station" as the destination in the ÖBB timetable information - the corresponding stop is located exactly at the Grafenberg cable car valley station.
Arrival by plane
Nearby airports are Salzburg Airport W.A. Mozart and Franz-Josef-Strauß-Airport in Munich / Germany. The best way to get to Wagrain is to take a shared bus transfer or take a taxi.
Taxi company Wagrain:
- Taxi Wagrain: www.taxi-wagrain.at; +43 64 6413 7200
- Taxi AV: www.taxi-av.at; +43 64 13 71 2 71