The best of the mountains for active people
Activity holidays in Salzburg: sports & relaxation
A perfect winter day at Snow Space Salzburg starts with a lovely hike through the snow. Afterwards, pamper yourself with a delicious breakfast before heading to the slopes and maybe topping off your day with a quick visit to the cross-country ski run.
Sports holidays on the mountain and in the valley
If you want to spend an athletic holiday in Austria, look no further than Snow Space Salzburg! The premium destination for activity holidays in Salzburg offers you countless opportunities to get active. You don’t need to be a professional athlete to enjoy an active holiday here – recreational athletes, families and adrenaline junkies are all welcome! The villages of Flachau, Wagrain and St. Johann-Alpendorf are your door to a perfect winter holiday, with activities ranging from skiing to tobogganing.
Active holidays in the Salzburger Land region:
- 120 kilometres of slopes on more than 60 descents and 45 state-of-the-art lifts and cable cars in the entire Snow Space Salzburg
- 100% snow reliability and excellent slope quality from December up until spring
- snow and funparks for freestylers and snow artists of all skill levels
- 260 kilometres of perfectly groomed cross-country ski runs for all skill levels in the Salzburg Sportwelt ski region
- 3 high-altitude cross-country ski runs, including the Rossbrand (Filzmoos), Gnadenalm (Radstadt) and Obergassalm (St. Johann) cross-country runs
- about 100 kilometres of snowshoe and winter hiking trails through the snow-covered landscape
- action-fuelled tobogganing fun on countless tracks in Flachau, Wagrain and St. Johann-Alpendorf, including flood-lit night tracks and natural tracks
- countless opportunities for ski mountaineering with challenging ascents and action-fuelled descents
- countless funsports opportunities from snow tubing to fatbikes and from Alpine curling to snowbiking
Enjoy the best of the mountains during a ski day in the Salzburger Land region
You only want the best from your sports holiday in Austria? In Flachau, Wagrain and St. Johann-Alpendorf at Snow Space Salzburg you get the most fun, relaxing and challenging ski experiences!
120 kilometres of slopes offer something for every skier’s taste, no matter if you prefer carving, sunshine skiing or racing. Seven entry points to the ski resort are your door to active pleasure.
Cross-country skiing at Snow Space Salzburg
Snow Space Salzburg opens up new dimensions of cross-country skiing, down in the valley as well as up on the mountain. Enjoy the very best the mountains have to offer and get as close to winter as can be during an unforgettable tour through the snow-covered woods.
The dense network of cross-country ski runs takes you through the entire Salzburger Sportwelt ski region on 260 kilometres of perfectly groomed runs with direct entry points in Flachau, Wagrain and St. Johann-Alpendorf. If you’re a first-timer or family with kids, why not get the help of one of the experienced local cross-country ski schools?
Our tip: Don’t miss the three spectacular high-altitude cross-country ski runs. We particularly recommend the Obergassalm high-altitude run in St. Johann-Alpendorf!
Winter & snowshoe hiking
You love the sound of crunching snow beneath your feet? Why not try winter or snowshoe hiking at Snow Space Salzburg then? Simply hop on the cable car to get to the summit, put on your hiking shoes or snowshoes (rental stations in the valley) and off you go into nature! Don’t miss out on a break at one of the many cosy mountain huts of Snow Space Salzburg.
After all, a bowl of hot soup never tastes better than after a long hiking tour!
Quick and easy arrival
You don’t want to lose any time during your activity holiday and want to head straight to the slopes? That’s easy! Snow Space Salzburg is directly connected to the Austrian motorways and only 70 kilometres from the City of Salzburg, making it quick and easy to get to the ski resort. Spontaneous skiers enjoy the ski bus from Salzburg, which is free of charge for holders of a day ticket.
At the ski resort, a great variety of lifts and cable cars take you up the mountain from early morning to late evening, among them the Wagrain G-LINK, the world’s biggest aerial tramway taking you from Grießenkareck to Grafenberg mountain in only a few minutes.
Book your ticket for your next activity holiday in Austria now and explore Snow Space Salzburg!